If you are serving food at your reception, choosing a caterer is a very important part of the wedding planning process. Besides the food tasting great, there are so many things to consider when choosing the right caterer. How much does each item cost, how many staff members do they provide, what is their service fee, do they provide dinnerware and linens and so on and so on. To help you compare the caterers you love, we have put together a Catering Comparison Spreadsheet to help make choosing the right one easier.
Click here to download the free Catering Comparison Spreadsheet. It’s important you are signed into your own Google account to download. Next click on the file and then make a copy to save the spreadsheet to your own account.
The spreadsheet is designed to be comprehensive so you can customize it to fit your wedding. So if there’s something you don’t need, delete it or hide it. We suggest to limit your comparison to 5 or less to keep from becoming too overwhelming.
Here is an overview on how the spreadsheet works.
- ENTER your total Guest Count in Cell B6.
- Add the Caterer’s Name for each Caterer in Row 8 above the appropriate section
- Enter the quantity of each item in the column marked quantity.
- Add the actual individual cost for each line in the cost each column for each caterer. We left 10 rows blank for you to add items.
- The totals cost for each item will calculate automatically. Double check that they match what is on your proposal from the caterer.
- The totals for each Caterer will be displayed in Row 85.
The Catering Comparison Spreadsheet is part of our Planning Tools Series. You can find lots of wedding planning resources to help you with your wedding planning over at https://happilyconnected.com/category/wedding-planning-tools/.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Please put Planning Tools in the subject line to help prevent your email from going in our spam folder.