Thinking of Curacao for your honeymoon? Our favorite wedding and honeymoon destination specialist, Linda Dancer is here to tell us all about Curacao.
Here are Linda’s Top 10 Reasons to choose Curacao for your honeymoon destination!
I personally love the island of Curacao and was so excited when Sandals Resorts announced they would be opening a resort on the island. I recently had the opportunity to spend time at Sandals Royal Curacao and I am so excited to share ten of my favorite things about the resort with you.
- Sandals Royal Curacao is situated within the 3000-acre Santa Barbara Estate between Spanish Water Bay and the Caribbean Sea and only about 15 minutes from the airport.
2. So many unique suites are found at this resort including two new room categories – The first-ever Awa Seaside Bungalows with private pool and first ever Kurason Island Suites that overlook a heart-shaped pool and lagoon. (shown here) In total there are 24 types of rooms and suites at Sandals Royal Curacao.
3. This is the first Sandals to have a bi-level infinity pool, the Dos Awa Pool – the views from this pool are amazing.
4. Guests in these top Butler-Level suites have the use of a Sandals Mini Cooper to explore the island – I had a blast doing this
5. Curacao Chichi Doll Statue – these are so important to Curacao culture- representing the older sister (insider tip make time to visit Serena’s Art Factory during your time on island)
6. Wedding team is amazing! Golf Course Green or Oceanfront Wedding Gazebo for ceremony space, palm grove for reception
7. Beach cruiser bikes – so much fun to grab a bike anywhere around the resort, ride it to where you were going, leave there for someone else to enjoy – it had been a while since I had gotten to enjoy that carefree activity.
8. My room – Melemele One Bedroom Butler Walkout Suite with Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub
I loved this room – even though it wasn’t oceanfront, offered partial ocean and garden views, the bathroom was to die for, and my patio was so peaceful-
9. Heart Shaped Bali Beds and Sunsets- The resort faces west on the southernmost part of the island so is a perfect location to watch the sunset.
10. Restaurants – there are eight global gourmet restaurants to choose from- one of my favorites is Zuka- Latin Fusion and dinner at Butch’s Steakhouse did not disappoint.
Curacao is known for its complex terrain from beautiful pristine beaches, limestone caves, cactus and spectacular scuba diving sites. I took a catamaran cruise to nearby Klein Curacao and was rewarded with beautiful marine life while snorkeling and saw the lighthouse. On another day we booked an island tour and explored the capital city of Willemstad (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and was amazed by all the colorful architecture – both tours can be booked through Island Routes on property. I enjoyed my time in the Red Lane Spa while my husband enjoyed a challenging round of golf at nearby Old Quarry Golf Course (Pete Dye Design)
Questions about Sandals Royal Curacao? Let’s connect and start planning your honeymoon to Sandals Royal Curacao, I know I certainly can’t wait to return.
Direct Line 931-337-0770